Wow! What a first week of the NFL. Week 1 is always a shit show as fantasy and gamblers try to evaluate teams playing their first game. Some won a little, some lost a lot, but regardless we are back for week 2 of Locker Room Sports’ Weekly NFL Start ’em Sit ’em, Perfect Team!
A quick recap of week 1. My gambling picks went 4-11-1 (not great) and my perfect team put up a score of 151.2 (decent). My personal fantasy team lost by 18 or so points and the Bengals got robbed of a solid week 1 win vs the Los Angeles Chargers.
Start ’em Sit ’em
QUARTERBACKS- START ‘EM
- Kyler Murray QB, AZ vs. WAS: The past two MVPs have been 2nd year QBs and it looks like that trend is set to continue in 2020. Murray is an electric dual threat QB and should torch this Washington team.
- Josh Allen QB, BUF @ MIA: Alright guys, the Josh Allen has left the station. JA17 is a LEGIT QB. I don’t think hes Tom Brady or Patrick Mahomes, but Allen looks uber comfortable in the Bills system so far in 2020.
- Daniel Jones QB, NYG @ CHI: This one is gonna be a stretch, but this is for my guys that waited until the late rounds to pick up a QB. Danny Dimes looked good on Monday Night vs the Steelers (aside from a pass that should of been thrown away.) Jones should have 3 TDs this Sunday.
QUARTERBACKS- SIT ‘EM
- Cam Newton QB, NE @ SEA: Cam had a great debut this weekend vs the Dolphins, and while it was encouraging, it was against the Dolphins. Cam shouldn’t have much room vs. Seattle this week, so expect him to take it a notch down this week.
- Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, SF @ NYJ: Jimmy G looked lost during some points of the game this past weekend vs the Cardinals. I know that this Jets team just got torched by the Bills, but I just don’t feel great about starting Jimmy here.
- Kirk Cousins QB, MIN @ IND: Kirk Cousins shouldn’t be on anyone’s starting QB, but in case you were thinking about it, don’t. Cousins was getting touched early and often vs GB and looks like he was missing his old pal Stefon Diggs. Pick up some one else.
RUNNINGBACKS- START ‘EM
- Nyheim Hines, RB IND vs. MIN: Hines is set to take some of Marlon Mack’s (achilles) reps this week. He still has some competition in the backfield in Wisconsin’s Jonathan Taylor, but he should still rattle off some runs and catch a few passes from Rivers.
- JK Dobbins RB, BAL @ HOU: The former Buckeye had a stellar debut on Sunday and I think he repeats this week. Dobbins is set to take the starting role from Mark Ingram in the coming weeks and to add the icing to the cake, he plays for the high scoring Ravens. Impress your friends, start JK.
- Kareem Hunt, RB CLE vs. CIN: Kareem Hunt’s has kicked his drama and seemed to have matured over the 2020 off-season. Hunt and Chubb split the runningback duties in Cleveland and they are facing an injured Bengals defensive line. Hunt should see pay dirt at least once tonight.
RUNNINGBACKS- SIT ‘EM
- Malcolm Brown RB, LAR @ PHI: The Rams have a crowded backfield with Akers, Brown and Henderson and this weekend the Rams rotated each runningback almost evenly. Pick up someone else and rest easy.
- Raheem Mostert RB, SF @ NYJ: Mostert got a ton of work this week vs the Cardinals, but I expect the Niners to tweak their game plan in order to make Jimmy G a little more comfortable and squeeze out a win in New York.
- David Johnson RB, HOU vs. BAL: The Texans are kind of a mess and I really can’t trust anyone on their roster not named Deshaun Watson. Sure, Johnson scored last week and had 77 yard, but I’m just not comfortable starting him this week.
WIDE RECEIVERS- START ‘EM
- Davante Adams WR, GB vs. DET: Adams went HAM this weekend and was the #1 WR of the week as he finished the game with 156 and 2 TDs. Rodgers is on the “Fuck You Tour” and Adams is the opening act.
- Julio Jones WR, ATL @ DAL: We saw Dallas have some sort of melt down in the secondary Sunday night vs the Rams. A young secondary vs an all time great WR. I’ll take Julio, 25 points, thank you!
- Emmanuel Sanders WR, NO @ LVR: Michael Thomas is going to miss some time with a bum ankle and Sanders should step up and gobble up some of the targets that Thomas is gonna leave behind. Hopefully he can ring up a 777 in Las Vegas.
WIDE RECEIVERS- SIT ‘EM
- Allen Lazard WR, GB vs. DET: Lazard had 63 yards and 1 TD this weekend and looked pretty decent in a blowout win. I think Lazard will be a useful fantasy option at some point this off-season, but let’s not over react and shove him into a starting spot this week.
- Robby Anderson WR, CAR @ TB: The Panthers lost to the Raiders this weekend, but that didn’t stop Robby from making his fantasy owners happy. Robby had 115 and a TD, but more than half of his 21 points came from 1 play. That’s the kinda player Robby is, Boom or Bust. Bench him this week.
- Terry McLaurin WR, WAS @ AZ: Scary terry wasn’t so scary this weekend. He only got 61 yards on 7 targets in an amazing comeback win. The WFT won in amazing comeback fashion, but I think their luck runs out this week in Phoenix.
TIGHT ENDS- START ‘EM
- Noah Fant TE, DEN @ PIT: Fant looked like a rock star on Monday night. Him and his signal caller, Drew Lock, looked like BFFs and fantasy owners must have been flexing their NFL fantasy skills with Noah’s 14.1 points.
- CJ Uzomah TE, CIN @ CLE: CJ is my sleeper pick for this week. Uzomah and Burrow had tons of chemistry against the Chargers. Pair that with the Browns giving up 2 TDs to a tight end last week and we’ve got a bro-science mismatch.
TIGHT ENDS- SIT ‘EM
- Dallas Goedert TE, PHI vs. LAR: Dallas had a good showing in the NFLs opening week, but let’s look for that to stall in week 2. The Rams defense was sneaky good on Sunday night and I think Carson Wentz will have NO time to get the ball off to Dallas or anyone wearing green.
- Zach Ertz TE, PHI vs. LAR: Ertz opened the game with a touchdown, but was pretty quiet after that. He only had 7 targets as opposed to Goedert’s 9, and ended the day with 18 yards. Rams will play him tough. Rough week for Philly TEs.
DEFENSE- START ‘EM
- Cardinals D/ST vs. WAS: The Cardinals are everyone’s dark horse to make a playoff run. They should terrorize the Washington Football Team and make their presence known across the league.
- Rams D/ST @ PHI: As previously stated, the Rams defense is sneaky good. Aaron Donald is freak and Philly allowed 8 sacks last week. I’ll take the over on Rams sacks this week and probably cash out.
DEFENSE- SIT ‘EM
- Patriots D/ST @ SEA: The Patriots looked decent on defense in week 1, but they clearly aren’t the juggernaut from 2019. Look for Mr. Unlimited to run wild and torch the Brady-less Pats.
- Washington D/ST @ AZ: Washington came out on fire last week vs Philly, but let’s not overreact and thrust them into our lineup. They do have a tremendous pass rush, but I’m gonna need to see a lot more from them before they become a real option.
KICKERS- START ‘EM
- Mason Crosby K, GB vs. DET: Crosby is a vet who rarely gets rattled. High scoring game = Kicker success.
KICKERS- SIT ‘EM
- Daniel Carlson K, LVR vs. NO: Carlson rang up 12 points this weekend, but against the New Orleans Saints, I expect that number to be more around 3-6.
|QB||Josh Allen QB, @ MIA|
|RB||Ezekiel Elliot RB, vs ATL|
|RB||Alvin Kamara RB, @ LVR|
|WR||Davante Adams WR, vs DET|
|WR||Darius Slayton WR, @ CHI|
|TE||TJ Hockenson TE, @ GB|
|FLEX||JK Dobbins RB, @ HOU|
|D||NINERS D/ST @ NYJ|
|K||Harrison Butker K, @ LAC|
NFL Week 2 Gambling Picks
Just a heads up to my readers, I won’t be betting every single pick I give out. Picks in bold are picks I am live on, and underlined picks are a parlay. To get a more accurate reading follow me on twitter @maxfarias27. Any pick I tweet out is a live bet for me. Also, remember to gamble responsibly.